My name is Mark Vasak, and helping people empower their health and performance through the Alexander Technique is a real passion of mine.
For over 15 years I’ve practiced and researched the Alexander Technique and it's related ideas in life, the arts, and the sciences: From training as an certified Alexander Technique teacher, to doing research on movement in a neuroscience lab; from teaching in theatre-movement programs to working in hospitals and rehabilitation clinics; from self-application and exploration, to teaching others to develop their own Alexander Technique practice so they can discover their best selves.
I've been in the frustrating position where it seems that no matter what you do, the same habits, associated pains, and patterns limit you; in fact, overcoming an injury brought me to the Alexander Technique in the first place.
I've also had the opportunity to gain the tools and guidance to move past this; and to help others do the same.
I care deeply that self motivated students who want to learn and apply the Alexander Technique to their own lives, are able to discover the most dynamic, poised, and powerful versions of themselves.
To learn more about Alexander Technique lessons with me please click below or just get in touch.
- Certified Alexander Technique teacher, 2012-Present (Alexander Technique Canada) .
- Adjunct Professor Capilano University: Acting for Stage and Screen Program, 2016-Present.
- Master of Occupational Therapy from the University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine, 2014.
- Executive Co-Director of Alexander Technique Canada, 2015-2018.
- Canadian representative for the International Alexander Technique Affiliated Societies, 2015-18.